The first couple of weeks of November are shaping up to be…challenging.
I might have — possibly — booked more gigs than I can handle, when you factor in my 9-to-5 job, Thanksgiving, and two visits from out-of-towners I love. I’m not complaining. I’m grateful to the producers who continue to book me, and the fans who continue to come to see me, and the other performers who continue to inspire and support me.
But, man. I’m already tired, and I don’t perform half as much as other people! Maybe I’m just old, eh?
Here’s what I’ve got going on next month:
- November 2: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio, 7:30PM, $5-10 sliding scale
- November 3: private gig
- November 6: Dr. Sketchy’s Election Night Party at Chicken John’s Warehouse, 7PM, $12 in advance/$15 at the door
- November 7: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio, 7:30PM, $5-10 sliding scale
- November 9: Hotbuns Honky-Tonk Burlesque @ The Riptide, 6PM, free entrance. It’s Sassy Hotbuns’ birthday show, and I’m going to be doing something I haven’t done alone in public since high school.
- November 11: Barbary Coast Burlesque @Yoshi’s SF, $8PM, $15 in advance/$20 at the door. This will be my first time performing with a live band, and I’m re-working a couple of my acts for the occasion.